Florida is getting tougher on prosecuting Agricultural Crimes. Ocala & Gainesville Criminal Defense Attorneys Alavi, Bird & Pozzuto, PA have the experience and aggressive trial skills you need to strategize, negotiate and fight for your best outcome.
Agricultural crimes include theft of livestock, crops, equipment, chemicals, as well as criminal mischief and other property crimes, including charges relating to burning of land or setting wildfires or forest fires intentionally or recklessly.
Agricultural Crimes include:
- Disposing of Lighted Substances in Florida
- Florida Statute 590.10 defines Disposing of Lighted Substances as throwing, dropping, or disposing of lighted matches, cigarettes, cigars, ashes, flaming or glowing substances, or any material that may or does cause a wildfire.
- Penalties: In Florida, the crime of Disposing of Lighted Substances is a First Degree Misdemeanor punishable by up to one (1) year in jail, one (1) year of probation, and a $1,000 fine.
- Intentional Burning of Lands in Florida
- Florida Statute 590.28(1) defines Intentional Burning of Lands as burning or setting fire to any wildland or vegetative land owned by another person without the owner’s permission.
- Penalties: In Florida, the crime of Intentional Burning of Lands is a First Degree Misdemeanor punishable by up to one (1) year in jail, one (1) year of probation, and a $1,000 fine.
- Reckless Burning of Lands in Florida
- Florida Statute 590.28 defines the Reckless Burning of Lands as recklessly causing lands owned by another person to catch on fire.
- Penalties: In Florida, the crime of Reckless Burning of Lands is a Second Degree Misdemeanor punishable by up to sixty (60) days in jail, six (6) months of probation, and a $500 fine.
If you have been accused, arrested or charged with an Agricultural Crime in the Gainesville area (Alachua, Baker, Bradford, Gilchrist, Levy, and Union Counties) or the Ocala area (Citrus, Hernando, Lake, Marion, and Sumter Counties), contact Alavi, Bird & Pozzuto, PA immediately. Call (352) 732-9191 or tell us about your case using this form.
Don’t wait. Defending your rights, reputation and liberty begin with Florida Attorneys Tania Alavi, Christine Bird, and Andrew Pozzuto.