Computer Crime Attorneys
Computer Crime Attorneys Alavi, Bird & Pozzuto have the investigation, negotiation and trial experience to skillfully defend against a computer, internet, and hacking charges. Cyberstalking, internet fraud and the various computer crimes require aggressive approaches to attacking the state’s evidence and the knowledge to properly understand complex issues.
You must get a lawyer to protect yourself. Do not speak to the police without first talking to a Computer Crime Attorney. Tania Alavi, Christine Bird & Andrew Pozzuto immediately work to advise you of your options and to strategize your best defense.
COMPUTER CRIMES, CYBER CRIMES, HACKING, IDENTITY THEFT AND INTERNET FRAUD
A person can be charged with Computer Crimes for allegedly hacking into sites or computer networking systems or for damaging or destroying computer systems. Hacking may damage computer systems, and even if not intentional, may expose confidential or personal information to millions of people. Sentences for computer-related crimes are severe. If you’re accused, arrested or charged with violating Florida’s Computer Crimes Act, it’s important to consult with an attorney immediately.
THE FLORIDA COMPUTER CRIMES ACT
The Florida Computer Crimes Act (Florida Statute 815: Computer-Related Crimes) was recently enacted to prosecute an increasing number of crimes involving computers. These charges affect individuals, private companies and government agencies.
Florida Computer Crimes include
- Accessing a person’s video or audio computer files/data
- Spam emails
- Identity Theft
- Malware and spyware
- Internet hoaxes, scams and theft
- Destruction of computer systems
COMPUTER CRIMES AND PENALTIES
- Offenses Against Computer Users
- Florida Statute 815.06 defines Offenses Against Computer Users as the unauthorized, willful accessing of computer systems, and/or disrupting the ability to transmit data, and/or introducing viruses or contaminants, and/or engaging in video/audio surveillance by accessing a computer device.
- Penalties: In Florida, Offenses Against Computer Users may be a 3rd-degree felony punishable by up to 5 years in prison and/or a $5000 fine.
- Destructive or Disruptive Computer Crimes Causing Over $5000 in Damage.
- Florida Statute 815.06 defines Destructive or Disruptive Computer Crimes as actions causing more than $5000 in damage by interrupting the operations of government or disrupts public services.
- Penalties: In Florida, Destructive or Disruptive Computer Crimes Causing Over $5000 in Damage are a 2nd-degree felony punishable by up to 15 years prison and/or a $10,000
- Computer Crimes that Endanger Human Life
- Florida Statute 815.06 define Computer Crimes that Endanger Human Life as actions that disrupt a computer system used in the administration of medical treatment.
- Penalties: In Florida, Computer Crimes that Endanger Human Life are a 1st-degree felony, punishable by up to 30 years in prison, and/or a $10,000
COMPUTER CRIME LAWYERS IN OCALA OR GAINESVILLE AREA
Computer Crimes are serious offenses with stiff penalties. If you are being investigated for and Computer-related crime in the Gainesville or Ocala area, contact Alavi, Bird & Pozzuto, PA immediately to discuss your rights, your options and to determine your best strategy for success.
Let’s meet and discuss your case. Call (352) 732-9191 or tell us about your case using this form.